It’s that time of year again, it’s getting colder coughs and sniffles are rife and it seems we all know someone who’s feeling under the weather.
This is a lovely easy soup to help keep lurgies at bay!
What you will need:
- 1 brown onion, sliced roughly
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped roughly
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/4 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 head of broccoli
- 1/4 head of cabbage (any green variety)
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 1 can of organic chopped tomatoes
- Himalayan Pink Salt & Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 inch of ginger root (or 1tsp dried)
- 1/2 inch of turmeric root (or 1tsp dried)
- Coconut oil
- 1/2 cucumber
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 bunch of basil
- 1/4 bunch of coriander
- 1/2 carton of chickpeas
1. Start by Sautéing the onions and garlic in a little coconut oil. After about 3 minutes, throw in the carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and fry gently for another 3 minutes.
2. Next add the stock and the canned tomatoes – allow this to simmer for 20-25 minutes until the vegetables have softened a little.
3. In the meantime, roughly chop the raw foods and put into a blender and blend until smooth – When the soup has simmered for 20 minutes transfer it in batches (as much as your blender will hold) and blend it all together until smooth with the raw blended mixture too.
4. It may take a couple of batches to get it through the blender, but you want to end up with a lovely smooth soup.
Side note: I always like to serve with a sprig of coriander or basil, it really brings out all the flavours. You could always have a bowl of this with a couple of the energy crackers I mentioned last week, just to round it off!