These are the perfect, healthy afternoon snack to stop you munching on something naughty. I love them with a light spreading of something like hummus or avocado!
First stop is to preheat the oven to 150ºC!
Here’s what you need!
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup of water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Simply mix all the ingredients together and wait ten minutes for the chia seeds to soak up all the water.
- Using a spatula spread it on a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray.
- Divide it into 12 sections and put it into the oven
- Bake the crackers for 30 minutes then flip them over and bake for 25 minutes more – keep an eye though as you don’t want them to be over-done!
Golden brown and crack-able is the key to making the perfect Energy Crackers.
P.S I always sneak one while they’re still warm!