Autumn is here which means winter will be quickly upon us, (let’s hope we have an Indian Summer!). That means it’s time to stock up on natural cough cold and flu remedies.
To avoid cough and sore throat sweets with questionable ingredients, here is a recipe for you which contains ONLY natural ingredients.
Make a batch to have available should a cold come calling!
Homemade Natural Cough Drops
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature
- ½ cup local honey
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon (optional)
- Put coconut oil into a mixer bowl and whip using a hand or electronic mixer.
- Add the honey and continue whipping mixture until the oil and honey are well blended.
- Add the cinnamon.
- Scoop mixture into small ice cube trays.
- Freeze for 20 minutes or until the cough drops are hard.
- Remove cough drops from ice cube tray and store in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
Voila natural cough drops that taste great!
Here are some benefits of the ingredients included:
Known to naturally suppress coughing.
Helps with sleeping.
Rich in antioxidants.
Contains lauric acid, which is antiviral and antibacterial.
Boosts your immune system.
Reduces the length of sicknesses.
Soothing for your throat when added to warm lemon water or tea.
Reduces cold and flu symptoms.
Loaded with powerful antioxidants.
Has anti-inflammatory properties.
Helps fight bacterial and fungal infections.
So if you or someone you know comes down with a cold – share this recipe with them and don’t forget to make a batch up in case you get caught out.
Let’s hope we have an Indian Summer!